Bidjanga 11 / 04 / 2021 update

1) WEATHER TRENDS in CAMEROON
Presently, we are having a rainy season in Cameroon , with 2 to 3 sunny days per week .
Things will be better for our ISEC promotion, as from the beginning of december 2021 with the starting of the dry season.

2) NEW ISEC DESIGNS
We are gradually designing new ISECs , although our ordered supplies from abroad are awaited ; we do with the locally available materials such as plastic buckets or solar panels.

3) ISEC DISSEMINATION IN CAMEROON

Till now, we’ve promoted our ISECs via the testing through local households in Yaounde and we got a good feedback, with two purchase projects from the users ; but we believe , training young students from primary and secondary schools , to the ISEC usage and technology , may be a good step to also disseminate the ISEc Technology in Cameroon.
Starting 2022, we are preparing to organize conferences and demo sessions in some secondary schools of Yaounde , including my university ( wher i teach ) to sensitize the youth on the importance and opportunities of adopting clean clean through the ISEC technology.All these conferences will be organized by ISEc Cameroon under the "Renewable Energy Educational Project ( R.E.E.P ) set up by the ISEC Cameroon Team. ; and we expect more support to this educational program, by Pr Pete and the ISEC Team in CAL POLY ( USA ).

Best Regards
Bidjanga Biloa
ISEC Cameroon Program Coordinator
Tel +237 670708729 Yaounde Cameroon
Email : uchekafrica@gmail.com
www.gerpad.mozello.com

issue1

Bidjanga,

Thanks for the pictures. In the second one from the bottom, did you put more insulation around and over the pot of food? This pot is not very well insulated as in the picture. Please insulate more completely and send another picture. … and let me know if it works better.

Thanks
Pete

Ok Pete,
I shall add more wool in the pot,for insulation.
I will let you know about the results.
All these days,we face rain continuously.
Regards
Bidjanga

Hi Pete,
This is how the ISEC is fixed ( please see attached picture ),with more wool for insulation.
I’ll test it soon and inform you.
Regards
Bidjanga

1 Like

Bidjanga,
The greatest amount of heat loss will happen off the top. insulation on the top is very important. Please cover the entire pot and see what the effect is. I look forward to seeing how things works.

Pete

Hi Pete,
the problm with our ISECs is ; we use plastic or steel buckets that already get their cover ; it’s then diffivcult to insulate the cover of the bucket ; also our ready made aluminium pots are short ( please check the below picture of our ISEC system :

Regards
Bidjanga